Since the beginning of our activity, we have always strived to create innovative products every year, always consistent with our mission: recovering ancient herbal traditions and transforming them into modern and effective natural cosmetics.
In 2017 we wanted to do something more to actualize our mission, so we decided to create a partnership with a NGO that shared our mission: the recovery and enhancement of ancient cultures.
Fratelli dell’Uomo is an NGO that supports development projects in Africa and Latin America with the aim of improving the living conditions of the poorest sections of the population, encouraging a “development from below” and the acquisition of independence economic by the local society.
We have decided to support the project “Medicinal plants against poverty”,
which aims to improve the living conditions of a community of Maya K’iches women from Totonicapan, Guatemala, who live in poverty and run productive activities with the medical plants. The project will allow these women to acquire an economic support and the necessary skills to emancipate cultivating medicinal plants typical of their culture, allowing them to live well without betraying their cultural identity.
The result of this partnership is the Maya Line, our new line (cosm) ethic, part of whose proceeds are donated to the support of the Maya women. In this way, we are able to generate benefits not only to consumers who use this line, but we also help to protect ancient traditions and to improve the living conditions of the Totonicapan community.
Each product of the line is designed to be a tribute to the Mayan culture, created with natural and organic ingredients.
The line is characterized by the use of fine vegetal raw materials typical of the Mayan culture and of the Central-South America:
- Frangipani is considered a symbol of life and rebirth by the Maya;
- Aloe Vera, that is a well-known plant in the traditional Mayan medicine
- Maize oil, considered by the Mayan traditions as the raw material with which the gods created the first men.
Other ingredients that characterized the line are:
- Jojoba oil: light and nourishing sebum-like oil, perfect for every skin type;
- Sacha Inchi oil, rich in Omega 3, with an elasticizing action
- Papaya extract, rich in vitamins and minerals with antioxidant action.
- Cocoa, Shea and Mango butter, with a strong nourishing power.
The line consists of two products for the personal care:
- Multiaction Moisturizing Cream: soft moisturizing, elasticizing and nourishing cream, perfect for body, hands and feet care
- Delicate Moisturizing Shower Gel: light and fragrant body cleanser with a gentle washing action, perfect even for the most sensitive skin.
Maya cosm-ethics line: guardian of your skin, guardian of the ancient Mayan traditions.
Buy the products and help us save the Mayan traditions!